Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Lloyd Discusses Stacking Young Money's Debut, "I Respect Their Grind"

R&B singer Lloyd has opened up about working with Lil Wayne's Young Money crew for the We Are Young Money compilation debut.

For the former Murder Inc. artist, Lloyd's close ties with Wayne and Cash Money Records' Baby placed him ahead of the competition for the "Bedrock" single.

"Ah man. That's easy. I'm just a good friend to Wayne and Baby," Lloyd revealed in an interview. "I respect them. I respect their grind. I respect their minds. So they brought me in to be designating; to be the [designated hitter]. They wanted a hit and they brought me in. We came up with something that was dope in 'Bed Rock.' We'll be performing it for the first few times coming up. We're just doing us. It's good to be around a crew of talented young brothers."

No comments:

Post a Comment